In 2016 the Made in Adelaide initiative was introduced to build on the strong presence of South Australian artists, festivals, producers and presenters in Edinburgh during its summer festival season.
The first two years of the pilot project have successfully introduced the Made in Adelaide brand into Edinburgh’s Festival Market and helped our creatives increase their profile and achieve some outstanding professional outcomes within and beyond the Edinburgh Fringe.
The aims of the Made in Adelaide activity in Edinburgh are to deepen our focus on industry engagement while continuing to strengthen the offering for local arts and cultural product and to attract international artists and cultural tourists to our Festivals.
Networking, events and professional development support through Made in Adelaide in Edinburgh in 2018, will focus on advancing existing international relationships and opportunities already in discussion, while continuing to promote our artists to Edinburgh audiences, giving them a taste of Australia’s festival city.
Grant support through Made in Adelaide for artists, producers and presenters who are planning to participate in Edinburgh this year includes:
Investment Funding: a limited pool of funds for tour ready work with a confirmed season at one of the major Edinburgh Fringe venues. Read more & apply here
Artists Top-up grants: are available to help local acts with travel and production costs associated with the presentation of their work. Read more & apply here
Support for Producers and Presenters: whose Edinburgh business plans will contribute to furthering the objectives of Made in Adelaide through the development of existing international relationships and opportunities. Read more & apply here
Stay tuned for the full program of Made in Adelaide artists and events coming to Edinburgh this August!
The overall objectives of Made in Adelaide are to:
- To expose our multi-genre, creative talent to international markets, enable new relationships to be established and existing relationships enhanced, with the goal of securing export sales of artistic product, while facilitating future arts and cultural collaborations.
- To strengthen Adelaide’s position as Australia’s festival city and increase interest in South Australian arts and cultural product and our festivals.
- To attract inbound acts and performers, as well as producers and programmers to South Australia’s festival platforms
- To generate export sales of South Australian cultural product
- To attract in-bound cultural and business tourists to South Australia
- To leverage opportunities from the UNESCO Creative Cities Network to support South Australian artists.*
*Adelaide is a designated UNESCO City of Music as part of its Creative Cities Network. Find out more about South Australia here.